Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #10: Second Life

I have spent the better part of a week on Second Life for at least 30 mins per day. I can sum up my Second Life experience in the email I got from them, which I've copied and pasted below...

"You have received a message from Second Life:
Your object 'Ponytail Brown Hair' has been returned to your inventory lost and found folder by Naergilien Wunderlich from parcel 'Wunderlich's historical garb' at ZoHa Islands E 246, 70 due to parcel auto return."

Yes, readers... I lost my own brown ponytail somewhere in 2nd life. I spent the entire week just trying to get dressed. I did not make it anywhere. I tried to fly and kept hitting the walls. I can't even walk.

I'm sure that students love this site, and with careful monitoring, could probably go to some awesome places and do some awesome things. However, I don't really see the point of doing Second Life during the school day, simply b/c it takes such a long time to acclimate to the website. I feel like there's not enough time to do it meaningfully. Just my personal opinion.

I am done with Second Life. I have enough trouble keeping my First Life organized.

No comments: